Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Magical Pudding "Pie" Dessert


I used to make desserts and goodies all the time! I enjoyed making them and my Dad enjoyed devouring them! Since Dad passed away and I have put on a few pounds over the years, I don't make as many desserts as I used to.

A few weeks ago I was really craving some pie (so NOT on my diet!) when I ran across this recipe for a low cal pie and thought I would give it a try. So last week I decided to make The Magical Pudding "Pie" Dessert. What makes this dessert "magical" is after sitting the required amount of time, the saltine crackers taste just like a phyllo dough! It's an amazing dessert, and good for the dieter or non-dieter (my daughters gobbled it up!)

So here's the recipe...............I hope you enjoy it as much as we did (next time I'm going to make butterscotch, that was always one of Dad's favorites!)

Ingredients

1 (1.4 oz.) Package Sugar Free Chocolate Instant Pudding (or your favorite flavor)
2 Cups Skim Milk
32 Salted-Top Saltine Crackers
1 (8 oz.) Container Fat Free Cool Whip

Directions
Mix the instant pudding and milk together and place into the refrigerator 10 minutes.
Place 16 crackers in the bottom of an 8X8 pan.
Spoon half of the pudding mixture on top of the crackers, spreading evenly.
Place the other 16 crackers on top of the pudding, and then spoon the other half of the pudding mixture on top of the last set of crackers.
Top with the whole container of cool whip.
Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.

Number of Servings: 6

(calories per serving=151, Total fat=1.7 g, Carbs = 21.4g)




5 comments:

Karen said...

Nummmmm.... I copied it down, Cheryl... am gonna run and figure out how many points it is now! Thanks for the tip! Karen

Pam B said...

No fair, you've made me hungry! LOL
I'll have to try this one soon!

Chickadee Primitives said...

WOWIEEEEEEEEEE!

This looks AMAZING! Thank you for the recipe!

Your blog is wonderful!

Happy Day!

Annie

Pots 'n Prims said...

Yum!! Thanks so much!! My dh just found out he's hypoglycemic & he is a chocolate lover so it's been a downer for him. I made one up yesterday & have it waiting in the fridge for him for tonite!! He's excited!! :)
Blessings!
lisa

The Country Junction said...

I have to tell you all, I made this last night as Banana Cream pie and it was THE BEST!!!! - I used vanilla pudding and sliced bananas on top of each pudding layer! YUMMMMMMM