Monday, September 10, 2007

Got Banana's?

If you're like my family, we LOVE banana's - yet they always seem to get too ripe before we can eat them all. But I'm starting to believe my family has a strategy - "if we don't eat the banana's - Mom will make banana bread!" and they LOVE my banana bread! So, while making a double batch yesterday, I thought I'd share my recipe with all of you!!

*Tip- you can freeze your ripe bananas if you're not ready to bake when they turn ripe, or if you don't have enough - I usually have a freezer full of bananas. Just remove the skins, and put the bananas in a zip-lock bag and place in the freezer - thaw when ready to make bread!



Banana Bread


1 1/4 cup sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
3-4 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
walnuts if desired

Pre heat over to 350 degrees

Cream together sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time. Mix in milk, bananas and vanilla. Sitr in dry ingredients.

Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 60 mins for regular loaf pan, or 30 mins for mini loaves.

ENJOY!

**I use Mexican Vanilla which makes this even more wonderful!! We used to carry it at The Country Junction. I'm going to add it to my list of things we need to reorder soon!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Love your blog and know you are going to do great at your new location!!

Dana